Safety: Supertech M10 Construction
- Carbon shell construction utilises a highly advanced moulding technology with a multi-composite combination:
- 3K, high density carbon outer layer that improves strength and efficiency of energy dissipation over the shell.
- UD carbon composite layer that gives significantly greater radial strength around the shell, preventing compression but allowing controlled deflection for reducing transmitted impact energy.
- Aramid fibre layer which provides critical penetration protection.
- This three layer composite combination is given even greater performance with an epoxy resin bonding that offers the best possible strength and energy management.
- The combination of material layers gives improved energy management: limited outer shell deflection making the energy spread wider and better absorbed by the EPS liner.
- The Supertech shell construction is optimised to offer best fit across the range of four size options. Shell sizes are manufactured in small, medium, large and extra-large to ensure that riders have the correct fit which not only improves comfort but, most importantly, the effectiveness of the helmet in an impact.
- The Supertech M10 liner construction combines with the shell to offer highly efficient impact energy management.
- Formed with a multi-density EPS polymer, the energy absorbing layer gives an inner helmet profile which soaks up impact forces dissipated over the outer shell at the point of an impact and provides a shape offering a close and comfortable fit.
- The energy absorption performance of the M10 is substantially improved by a four section construction that allows for specific densities of polymer to be prepared for different zones around the helmet lining. Not only is energy performance improved but also fit and comfort. Patented A-Head fitting height and angle adjustment system.
- The Supertech M-10 incorporates a patented system to allow the helmet to be tuned exactly to the riders preference for the height and angle at which the helmet sits on the head. This unique technology allows for an ultra-specific set-up that can be adapted for the type of riding and the rider’s preference.
- With a micro-adjustable pad that is connected to the helmet inner shell, it is possible to raise or lower the helmet fit and also, to tilt the helmet forward, or backwards. Unique, patented, visor release system is another key attribute incorporated into the design of the Supertech M-10.
- Visor release is a key part of overall protection performance in the helmet and a major influence on the distinctive, flush, design of the outer shell profile.
- Alpinestars has developed a unique visor release system which, while ensuring the mounting is held securely in place for riding over the most extreme terrain and any track conditions, provides exactly the right level of resistance to ensure the visor detaches from the helmet shell if it is subjected to a significant impact - no matter what the angle.
- The M10 visor release mechanism is conceived to avoid the inherent weaknesses in other types of anchoring systems. Maintaining shell integrity is vital for safety and with the possibility of multi-directional forces impacting on the visor, separation at the critical point of loading reduces potentially damaging leverage and rotational accelerations that refer injury to the rider’s neck and spine. Collarbone protection is an important design feature of the Supertech helmet shell base profile.
- The base of the M-10 has been sculpted to give a relief section, where the bottom profile is raised to clear the collarbone (Clavicle). Also, incorporated into the area of the base pad, where it sits over the rider’s collarbone, is an energy absorption pad; a more flexible compound rubber section which allows deflection when it contacts the Clavicle.
- The Supertech M10 chin-bar is formed with polypropylene which, by allowing for a degree of lateral deflection, further improves impact protection for the collarbones.
- Post-crash protection mechanisms are also a key feature of the Supertech design, allowing rapid and safe intervention if the rider has suffered a major impact. Multi-Directional Impact Protection System: MIPS.
- MIPS is incorporated into the Supertech M-10 to reduce rotational motion energies that impact the helmet causing damaging gyration force to be transmitted to the brain.
- A low friction ‘slip’ layer is incorporated into the Supertech helmet, between the comfort padding layer and the multi-density polymer energy absorption shell. When energy is impacted upon the helmet, causing a rotation force, the MIPS layer allows for movement of the inner absorption layer to damp and re-direct the energy before causing significant acceleration stress to the brain. This mitigates the causes of brain injuries, such as concussion.
Emergency Release System (ERS).
- The side cheek padding of the Supertech can be extracted efficiently and safely, while the helmet is still on the rider’s head, to allow ease of removal by trackside support and medical staff.
- The Supertech is also designed to allow a helmet ‘Eject’ inflation system to be fitted into the inside crown of the shell.
- Along with the ERS padding removal, ‘Eject’ allows for emergency removal of the helmet, without putting load on the rider’s spine.
- Wider than certification requirement: 26 mm for comfort and produces with a woven poly yarn to give a soft ‘hand’ feel and connects securely with a double D-ring.
- Reduced by design while allowing the Supertech protection to be class-leading.
- Weight is both a factor in riding performance and safety in a helmet and to ensure the M-10 offers the ultimate in weight saving performance enhancement, the material selection, preparation and construction of the helmet has been rigorously analysed for weight to strength and energy absorption properties and a strict analysis of all the components used in the Supertech finishing.
- Weight of M-10 is 1260g for size Medium (ECE) For DOT: 1370g for size Medium
PLEASE NOTE: ALL OUR HELMETS WILL BE SUPPLIED WITH ECE2205 CERTIFICATION AS WE ARE BASED IN THE UK. THIS MEANS THAT OUR HELMETS WILL NOT HAVE DOT/SNELL/ANY OTHER APPROVAL LABELS ATTACHED, AND THEREFORE WILL PROBABLY NOT BE CLASSED AS ROAD LEGAL WITHIN YOUR COUNTRY IF YOU ARE OUTSIDE THE EU.