This is Nolan’s new top-of-the range road and off road crossover, the first on/off road helmet fitted with a removable protective chin guard on the market. It is characterized by an off road-inspired design, its many technical features and the ample range of colours and graphics available. Its compact size (thanks to the availability of two outer shell sizes), double P/J homologation, ultrawide visor, a particularly wide window compatible with mask use (even with the visor fitted and open), VPS sunscreen (adjustable to various positions and fitted with the automatic repositioning system), AirBooster Technology upper ventilation system, double lever Microlock2 retention system with micrometric regulation, innovative Clima Comfort inner padding (with micro-perforated fabric and adjustable neck-roll) and set up for the N-Com communication system make the N70-2 X the definitive on- off crossover for the most demanding of motorbike tourists.
- P/J HOMOLOGATION: The helmet is approved in P/J double configuration, as the removable protective chin guard has passed the homologation tests required by UN/ECE regulations for full face helmets.
- ULTRAWIDE VISOR: The large surface of the S/R (Scratch Resistant) visor makes it possible to have a broader view, also lateral, thus highly increasing active safety. Furthermore, the particularly wide window allows the helmet to be used with a mask, even with the visor fitted and open.
- PINLOCK® FOG-RESISTANT INNER VISOR: Supplied according to segment. Thanks to the patented adjusting system, the stretch of the Pinlock® inner visor can be adjusted, acting from the exterior of the visor, without the necessity of removing. The Full Silicone Border (FSB), adopted under licence from Pinlock®, allows first of all for an increase in the size of the air chamber located between the helmet exterior and interior, thus further reducing the risk of fogging; secondly, it reduces the risk of scratches to the visor.
- VPS SUNSCREEN: Moulded out of LEXANTM*, it is S/R (Scratch Resistant) and F/R (Fog Resistant) treated and offers UV protection up to 400 nanometres. It can be easily removed for maintenance and cleaning and is fully-adjustable. The activation system (patented) allows for the automatic retraction of the sunscreen in a standby position, thus simplifying emergency manoeuvres required to quickly obtain the maximum level of visibility offered by the visor. *LEXANTM IS A TRADEMARK OF SABIC
- NECK-ROLL: Removable, washable and fitted with an exclusive adjustment system, it is easily adaptable to the form of the rider and the various set-ups resulting from differing riding positions.
- SET UP FOR N-COM COMMUNICATION SYSTEM: The helmet is set up and approved with installed N-Com communication system (sold separately) and with the innovative ESS (Emergency Stop Signal).
- POSSIBLE CONFIGURATIONS: The helmet can be used in eight different configurations. N70-2 X is in fact characterised by the presence of three elements (visor, removable protective chin guard and peak) which can be fitted to the helmet individually, in pairs, all together, or removed completely.
- VENTILATION SYSTEM + AIRBOOSTER TECHNOLOGY:
The exclusive “AirBooster Technology” upper system ensures optimal ventilation where the rider’s head most requires: the air is extracted from the upper air intake and forced into the most critical areas, avoiding any dispersion, to guarantee maximum comfort also in extreme riding conditions.
Moreover, the ventilation system features:
- a chin guard air intake: this allows ventilation at mouth level and directs air straight to the visor, limiting fogging;
- rear extractors: they allow for the expulsion of hot and stale air, guaranteeing optimal comfort inside the helmet.
- MICROLOCK2 (PATENTED): It is a patented double lever retention system with micrometric adjustment. It consists of a thermoplastic ergonomic opening lever, and of a second aluminium toothed and holding lever. The toothed lever releases the micrometric strip, thus the chin strap can only be open with a very broad rotation of the opening lever. This device minimises the possibility of unintentional opening of the retention system.
- INTEGRATED CHIN STRAPS: Integrated in the liner, the removable and washable chin straps favour the helmet’s fit, as well as its wearability.
- “CLIMA COMFORT” INNER COMFORT PADDING: A new concept, the inner padding is made with double density micro perforated fabric. Combined with the “AirBooster Technology” upper ventilation system, it distributes air in the upper part of the rider’s head. The shape of the wind shield aids the closing of the chin- guard and protects from irritating drafts of air in the chin area.
PLEASE NOTE: ALL OUR HELMETS WILL BE SUPPLIED WITH ECE2205 CERTIFICATION AS WE ARE BASED IN THE UK. THIS MEANS THAT OUR HELMETS WILL NOT HAVE DOT/SNELL/ANY OTHER APPROVAL LABELS ATTACHED, AND THEREFORE WILL PROBABLY NOT BE CLASSED AS ROAD LEGAL WITHIN YOUR COUNTRY IF YOU ARE OUTSIDE THE EU.