This is new electric bike. "Yotsuba Moto Meow" is designed as a bike in between small kick bikes and engine bikes for kids. Please note: Each bike is supplied with a choice of blue or red graphics in the box (the frame is supplied/built with no graphics fitted). Available in 12” (3-6 years) or 16” design (5-8 years).
- Small and light weight design - This electric bike's weight is about 12.5kg. (27.5pounds). This weight is only 1.5 heavier in weight than a kids bicycle and only 1/4 weight of 50cc kids bikes. Its weight is around 2/3 the weight of kid riders. Heavy weight bike make kids feel scared or concerned. Light weight design provides secure feeling and confidence to ride. Easy to support bike and less injury when falling down. This bike does not need power, suspension, great looking outfits, but it is super light weight, compact and an easy handling design. We developed a super light weight aluminum frame and Lithium-ion battery for this bike, as "first bike" for kids.
- Motor stops automatically when falling down - Power for electric motor will be cut when falling down by a 3-axis sensor. This is a bike and can not avoid falling down, but stopping the motor will reduce accidents and prevent another person from getting caught in the rear wheel. After picking up the bike, kids have to completely close the throttle for re-start, because of the electric program on this bike. The bike will not go out of control after bike is picked up.
- Easy loading - Small and light weight design. Easy to load bikes on your cars. There are no gas and oil inside of the bike, you can lay down or place up it upside down when you load this bike.
- Small grip - Electric throttle side grip diameter is 19.1 mm, special designed grip for kids small hands. Control levers are also thinner sizes than standard levers for easy to control with small hands.
- This bike is "SLOW" - Sudden starts is an enemy for beginner kid riders. Specially programmed speed controller provides smooth starts. You can select 3 different maximum speeds, from 6km/h : 3.7mph to 18km/h : 11mph with mo de selector switch. (Meow 16 can get maximum speed of up to 21km/h :13mph. ) It is difficult to achieve balance on the bike with slow speed, 6km/h : 3.7kmph speed is the same as fast waking speed of parents. This speed make it easy for parents to follow the bike, great speed for kids to gain balance on the bike.
Even kids who can not use hand brake, can stop by the kid's foot brake.
- Built in hub motor - This bike does not have chain and sprockets, it uses built in hub motor on the rear wheel. This reduces pinching your finger or foot with the chain or sprockets. Not only for safety, but the heavy motor is close to ground provide lower centre of gravity, for kids to easily pick up this bike. Kids will have confidence to ride this bike even after falling down, if they can pick this bike up by themselves.
- Steering support - This spring prevents falling down by sudden steering response due to rough road and unusual steering control. This spring is jointed between frame and front forks, reduces quick steering responses. This primitive design will help beginner kid riders.
- Special lithium ion battery - Equipped 24V4.0Ah lithium ion battery. When battery power is less than 1/3, indicator light will flash. Kids can ride this bike 0.5 to 2 hours with a full charge. Charging port is located under the frame, can be charged from power outlet in your house. Takes 2.5 hours to fully charge battery.